We are sorry to announce that AFPP2020 has now been cancelled due to the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic. We wish everyone good health during this time, and hope to be able to welcome you to Manchester for the next edition of the conference in March 2021.
We are looking forward to welcoming around 100 delegates for AFPP2020, taking place in Manchester from 12pm Monday 6th April until 2pm Monday 8th April. Registration is now open (details below). Non-presenting participants are also welcome to register.
Registration is now open until 2nd March 2020. To register, visit our online store and select the appropriate fee. Please note the following:
- We can only accept payments via the online store, no other mechanism for accepting payments is available.
- The reduced rate listed as ‘Student/PGR/Precarious’ is primarily intended for unemployed scholars or activists and for research students. Scholars from lower income countries (as defined by OECD, which is the list used by funding bodies) who have no access to discretionary conference funding may also be eligible. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org to check. Please bear in mind that the reduced rate does not cover our per-delegate costs and are directly subsidised by full rate payers.
- Receipt of abstracts: Monday 16th December 2019. We aim to respond by 13th January 2020.
- Conference registration: Monday 2nd March 2020
- Receipt of full papers: Monday 16th March 2020
These are final dates. The earlier we receive abstracts, and actual papers, the better.
The conference will run from lunch-time Monday 6th April until after lunch on Wednesday 8th April 2019 at The Manchester Meeting Place, Sackville St, Manchester M1 3AL. Vegan lunches will be provided on three days and we will invite participation in social gatherings on the Monday and Tuesday evenings. (Details tbc)
The Manchester Meeting Place is set a little way off the road, in our Sackville Street Campus. If using sat nav / Google Maps or similar, do not use the postcode. Searching Google Maps for ‘Manchester Meeting Place’ should work here (or bookmark this link: https://goo.gl/maps/nZxEGkC4DFQ2). The venue will be well signed on your approach.
- Directions from train stations, car parking info and a local map are available in .pdf format here: MMP & Campus Map 2017
- More general information about travel to the University of Manchester is available here: https://www.manchester.ac.uk/discover/maps/
Two relatively cheap hotels are available, only a few minutes’ walk from the conference venue. They are Ibis, Charles Street, Manchester and Holiday Inn Express, 2 Oxford Road, Manchester. Both are chains that have other hotels locally so check you have the right place before booking.
There is information about Manchester hotels at www.hotelscombined.com/City/Manchester.htm. We’re told that delegates can request a 10 per cent reduction in hotel bills if they visit www.hotelscombined.com/Education_Support, and we’ll be interested to gather people’s experiences with this.
There are two hostels only slightly further away, and still within walking distance of the conference venue:
- Selena NQ1, Stevenson Square, Manchester. This is in the Northern Quarter, a vibrant, student-friendly area near lots of restaurants and bars.
- YHA Manchester, Potato Wharf, Manchester.This is in Castlefield, a quieter area slightly further from the conference venue, but still walkable.
A draft programme for AFPP2020 will be circulated to delegates in early March.
- For the conference blurb see: Call for papers.
- For information on past AFPP events, see: About AFPP.
- To contact us by email: email@example.com